Greetings family of Grace,
We’re getting together and you are invited and encouraged to join. We’ve got a unique chance to gather for a set of services that will include things we hold dear – music, Scripture, message, liturgy, words of welcome, and communion. Read the details below and sign up right away!
Ready to sign up now? Choose your service time and the number of people in your family unit!
Why We’re Gathering
We gain strength by being near each other in worship, yet staying safe and guarding health. We worship because God’s faithfulness has not wavered during any of this, and our faith is formed through the hardest of things. We’ll share communion during our service with individually packaged elements.
As the year kicks off for students, parents, and teachers of many kinds, we’re taking the opportunity this day to bless backpacks and educator briefcases. This day also serves as the kick-off to our faith formation and education year, with small groups beginning to meet beginning this week.
When & Where
We’re reserved space at the outdoor amphitheater at Central Park in Rosemount for these services. It is a beautiful space with a large grass seating area, access to a bathroom building if needed (bring your hand sanitizer!), and a stage area where speakers will be. There is an image of the space attached to this message. Here are the details:
Church in the Park with Grace
Sunday, September 13
9:30 & 11:00 am
Central Park, Rosemount
Directions from Grace: Head east down County Road 42 (150th) for just over 4 miles. Turn left on S. Robert Trail (County Road 3) for .5 miles. Turn right onto 145th St. W for about 500 ft. Turn left into Central Park after the sign. *There is also a map image attached to this message.
How We’re Staying Safe
We have said from the beginning of this pandemic that being church includes guarding the health of our members and neighbors, so we’re putting some things in place during this gathering to help do so.
- First, if you or someone in your household is feeling sick in any way, it’s important to stay home and join the online viewing option for Church in the Park. Also, if you or someone in your household is immuno-compromised in any way, we encourage you to stay home and view the online stream of the service we’ll be offering.
- We’re gathering outdoors intentionally, as experts tell us this is a much safer space to hold in-person gatherings.
- We will be using proper social distancing in every way. Each family unit is asked to place their chairs or blanket 6 feet or more apart from the next.
- We will require everyone to wear a mask. Please bring a face covering for each person in your party. Children under 2 are exempt. If you don’t have masks, we will have some available at welcome.
- There will not be congregational singing during this service. While we all would love to sing our hearts out, experts encourage refraining from singing in groups during this pandemic. There will be music from Grace Bells, instrumental music, and solo singing from the stage.
- We’ll have Holy Communion during this service, and have pre-packaged individual communion elements for each person participating.
- Arrival, departure, and everything in between, including our offering, will be contact-free. You’ll pick up a bulletin, communion, and special welcome kit on the way in from tables. As you depart, you’ll take everything else with you and if you don’t already give online, there will be designated containers to drop physical offerings.
What to Bring
- You and your family, whether that’s one of you or 10 of you.
- A mask for everyone in your party that covers mouth and nose.
- Chairs or a blanket for everyone to sit on, and to help designate socially distanced spacing between families.
- Optionally, bring an umbrella for sun or light rain protection.
- A backpack if you are a student and workbag if you are an educator of any kind. We’re blessings these packs and those that carry them on this day!
What if I can’t come in person?
If you are planning to stay home for health or safety reasons, we applaud you and your commitment to care for yourself and others. Thank you for helping us guard the health of God’s children.
There will be an online viewing option. Our plan is to be live on Facebook during these services. We’ll send out more details and links in upcoming reminder emails. You will be able to watch the stream whether you have an account with Facebook or not.
What if the weather is poor?
If there is mild rain, bring an umbrella and join us anyway! If there is inclement that makes it impossible to hold the services, we’ll plan to move them to 4:30 and 6:00 pm. You will not need to sign up again. Those who signed up for the 9:30 am service till can plan to attend at 4:30. Those who signed up for the 11:30 time slot can attend at 6:00.
If the weather prevents us from meeting at all that day, we’ll have a short, live online service viewable on Facebook and our website.
How do I sign up?
We’re so excited for Church in the Park, and so far as it is safe, we’re calling every active person in our family of faith to come. Sign up is required. Use the link below to let us know how many are coming with you.