The church exists for moments like this, and we’re in a new moment.
With the Minnesota Department of Health’s recommendation that communities limit gatherings to 250 people or less, and to have people at events of any size maintain a distance of 6 feet from one another, we will not be gathering as a community in person for a while.
For at least the next three weeks, beginning at 6:00 pm on Saturday, March 14th, our building will be closed. We won’t be going to church, but we are not going to stop being the church.
As we shared previously, here’s how we are going to be church together during this time:
We’re going to trust God.
We’re going to care for one another.
We’re going to look out for our neighbors.
We are going to live this out in a few important ways.
- Worship still happens. It is moving from the sanctuary to your kitchen table via computer, tablet, or phone. We’ll share more information about this tomorrow (Saturday, March 13).
- God is moving in our community and in our world right now. The promise of God’s presence remains steadfast. We see it in the ways communities are stopping life as usual to guard one another’s health and wellness. We are going to continually ask the question, “Where do you see God moving?” You’ll be encouraged to share these “God-sightings” in a variety of ways.
- We will also be sharing resources and ideas for all ages to practice faith throughout the week.
- If you are in need of pastoral care, please call the church office at 952-432-7273 and press option one when prompted.
- If you or a member of your family tests positive for COVID-19, please contact us in the office and press option one when prompted.
- I met with leaders from the Matrix and the Link today. Our shelter guests will be with us for three weeks, starting Saturday at 6:00 pm. In order to guard health, they will be the only users of the building during that time.
- All other activities at Grace are canceled during this time. This includes Sunday worship, Wednesday Dinner Church, children’s and youth activities, ministry groups, and community groups, including Community Meals.
Staff & Leadership
- Our staff will be working remotely during these weeks. If you need to contact a staff member, you can find their contact information on our website, or you may call the church office (952-432-7273) and follow the prompts to connect with them. They will do their best to return calls in a timely manner.
- These decisions were made in partnership with our Congregational President, Kyle Hoversten. If you have questions for the executive committee, you can send them an email.
What You Can Do
- Pray. If you have specific prayer requests, you may continue to submit them at graceofav.org/prayer.
- Please let your generosity and graciousness abound. You can give online through one-time gifts, or sign up to give automatically here. You can also mail in your offering to the office. (7800 West County Road 42, Apple Valley, MN 55124). Thank you!
- Please make sure your information is up to date in our database. If you have already created your Grace account, you can login here, or create a new account here.
Many of us seek refuge in our sanctuary each week; today, we remember that God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. The Lord of hosts is with us, the God of Jacob is our refuge. (from Psalm 46)
Pastor Deb Stehlin