Dear Grace family and friends,
The Transition Team, along with other leaders of the congregation, has begun working on our transition plan as we prepare for Pastor John’s retirement on August 4, 2019. The first step in creating the plan is a congregational survey called the Congregation Assessment Tool (CAT). The CAT explores the perspectives, experiences, and aspirations of our faith community and then provides a comprehensive readout on the health and trajectory of our congregation. It generates a report that can help all of us learn more about our dreams for Grace and about challenges that may affect the transition to a new senior pastor.
Why take time for a church assessment? Because churches, like people, need an occasional check-up! A picture of how things are now can be of help to us in solving the puzzle of what direction God is calling us to take in the future. It will also help us collect and understand the
range of views that exist in our faith community about our priorities and opportunities in this time of transition.
The survey will take about 30 minutes to complete. Participation from all members and involved non-members from high school age and above is vital to the quality of this assessment and the process that follows. The link to the survey has been sent to this group via email, so keep an eye out. Links will also be published in our weekly email and printed announcements. If you don’t receive it in one of these ways, be sure to contact us and we’ll make sure you get access. To encourage and enable the most participation, we’ll have paper copies available in the office for those without access to a computer. All answers will be handled anonymously; no one will see your responses and know they are yours
A few notes about taking the survey
- It MUST be completed all at one time. Once you close CAT you cannot get back in.
- Decide in advance which ONE member of the household will fill out the family and financial questions.
- Plan on 30 minutes to complete the 101 questions.
- Fill it out on your own. For valid results do not collaborate with friends/family.
- If you have a family member who is active at Grace and does not have computer access, offer to help them complete the assessment online. We have a very limited number of paper copies available.
- You can take the survey on any computer or mobile device.
There will be opportunities to access a computer and the survey at church for people who would like assistance. The survey will be open for response on Sunday, March 3 and close at the end of the day on Sunday, March 31.
Thank you for giving the gift of your time and your ideas to this process.
The Transition Team: