Summer Music Series, 7:00 p.m.
(June, July, August)
Join us Wednesday evenings this summer, at 7:00 p.m. for our 16th annual summer music series.
The theme this year is “Songs of Protest: Prophets, Agitators & Rebels of the Faith.” We welcome the multi-talented John Koziol once again, who will coordinate the talented musicians who will join us at various points over the summer.
- June 7: African/American gospel/Protest songs, featuring Libby Turner
- June 14: The music of Joni Mitchell, featuring singer Paula Lammers, and band
- June 21: Music of the Beatles, featuring Pat Balder, Jeff Dunn, Jay Graf and Pete Soulen
- June 28: The music of Bob Dylan, featuring Joe Cruz, and band
- July 5: Mark Fleischhacker singing patriotic/protest songs
- July 12: Music of Police and Sting, performed by Pat Balder
- July 19: Music of Janis Joplin, performed by Leslee McKee-Perry
- July 26: Mumford and Sons performing
- August 9: Music of the Indigo Girls
A mini concert follows the service each week. The evening ends with Wednesday sundaes and fellowship. Ice Cream Server Schedule.
Sponsorships are needed for the cost of these guest musicians. A check for $450 written to Grace marked “summer music” sponsors one of these wonderful evenings, or sponsor half an evening or make a weekly contribution. We appreciate whatever you can do. Contact Pat in the church office, firstname.lastname@example.org, to sponsor or with questions.
Contemporary Wednesday Worship, 5:45 p.m.
All are welcome at this family-friendly, contemporary worship service at 5:45 p.m. GraceAbounds is Grace’s contemporary band, playing praise music in a rock style. Comprised of a talented group of singers and instrumentalists, GraceAbounds will get you on your feet and singing along to uplifting songs both new and old. Holy Communion is celebrated on the first and third Sundays of the month and the following Wednesdays. The Nursery is open and staffed for children 3 years old and younger.
Children enrolled in Grace Bible School attend worship with their parents for the opening hymn, liturgy, prayer of the day, and children’s sermon. At the conclusion of the children’s sermon, students and teachers are dismissed to their large-group gathering in Friendship Hall for music time, after which they proceed to their individual classrooms for a lesson. When the service has concluded, parents pick up their children from their classrooms. (Parents may not ‘drop’ their children off at the door, leaving them unsupervised.)
Services are led by Pastors John Matthews and Andrea Roske-Metcalfe.
All are welcome — we hope to see you here!