NAPS (Nutritional Assistance Program for Seniors) is a free food program for seniors 60 years or older who meet federal income guidelines. Seniors MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED FOR PROGRAM. The program provides the following foods to help seniors meet their nutritional needs:Dry and canned evaporated milk and cheese.
- Ready to eat and hot cereal
- Instant potatoes or rice or macaroni or spaghetti
- Canned juice, fruits and vegetables
- Canned beef, pork, chicken, stew, tuna, salmon or egg mix
- Peanut butter three times a year and dry beans three other times a year
- Who qualifies for NAPS? To qualify for nutrition assistance, you must be:
Must be a Minnesota resident within the income guidelines set by the program; it is not necessary to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for NAPS. Where do I go to pick up the food? NAPS has more than seventy monthly distribution sites. To find the one nearest you, call 800-365-0270.