FUNCTION: To plan and implement an effective shared ministry (volunteer) system, which will enable all members and friends to find a ministry point of connection at Grace Lutheran Church, and which will reflect and accomplish the Vision of Grace Lutheran Church. The Commission of Congregational Life shall:
- Work with the facilitator of shared i.e. volunteers ministry, church leaders and staff members to encourage the involvement of members and friends of all ages in a multiplier fashion.
- Maintain an awareness of all fellowship activities within the congregation, and support activities as needed; i.e. Progressive Dinner, ILAG.
- Encourage an awareness of shared ministry and affirm the shared ministry that is already taking place in the family, the congregation, and the community; i.e. quarterly Cider Press articles.
- Design and develop a system (i.e. spiritual gifts inventories) that enables members to help each other identify, develop and use God-given gifts in ministries that are appropriate for them and that also meet the identified needs of the church and community; i.e. time and talent sheets.
- Recommend methods by which the congregation can provide for the implementation and maintenance of this system; i.e. commissions and committees.
- Oversee the following subgroups by connecting periodically with their team leaders, i.e., Sunday coffee ministry, Grace Diner, funeral lunches, craft fair, Wednesday sundaes (summer) new members, Reformation Day events.
Congregational Life Commission
(6 open positions)