In Body and Spirit…
A Message from the Parish Nurses
Occasionally we all have periods of stress and anxiety. Here are a few reminders how we can get past our stress and anxiety that comes with our daily issues.
- Take a warm bath.
- Count backwards from 100.
- Take a breather – 4-5 deep cleansing breaths.
- Read an engrossing novel.
- Take a walk.
- Meditate for 15-20 minutes.
- Close your eyes and daydream.
- Do gentle stretches for 15 minutes.
- Call a friend.
- Sit down, take your phone off the receiver or turn it off, close the door and relax!
- Go see a movie.
- Turn on your favorite music.
- Zone out and watch a silly movie.
- Write a letter but don’t mail it. Put things in writing.
- Take a stress management seminar or class.
- Find a hobby that you will enjoy.
- Play with a pet, for that unconditional love!
- Rehearse in your mind how you will handle similar stressful situations.
- Keep your sense of humor, laughter is the best medicine!
- Be thankful!
- Improve your attitude.
- Be kinder than necessary to everyone you meet.
- Do nice things for people who will never find out.
- Remember to believe in your worth, power, and goodness!
In 1 Peter 5:7, we read, “Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.”
If you would like to contact the Parish Nurses, please call the church office, or email at email@example.com.
Peace and good health to you all!
Lois Askvig and Amy Fleser
Grace Lutheran Church Parish Nurses